It is not right to say that Celiac Disease patients are unable to enjoy lots of food. They can enjoy lots of food and have varieties of dish but they need to be aware about ingredients. Their dishes should have gluten-free ingredients. These ingredients will let them have their favourite food and dishes all the time.
Sweet and Sour Chicken is one of the most eaten dish in which properly cooked chicken has juice of such spices that let you have sour taste of it while triggering you with sweetness as well after every few seconds. This dish can also be consumed by those seeking IBS treatment.
Thus, this two-flavoured dish is loved by majority of eaters which you can have either alone with the help of fork or with rice to complete a meal and proportionate
The dish is very easy to prepare. You don’t need to make a lot of effort to prepare this curry like dish. If you are very passionate to prepare it, then read below and found ingredients and method of it which you can include in diabetic diet plan of your or your family member.
You are required to have
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
- ¼ cup of ketchup (You can use low fat or FodMap ketchup too)
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ cup of corn-starch
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- 1 red pepper (chunks)
- 1 pound of boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (It should be gluten free)
- 3 spring onions (Use their green stalk for low carb food)
- Add coconut sugar, chicken stock, vinegar, soy sauce and ketchup in a saucepan to make sauce. Heat the pan to boil the ingredients. After they are boiled, lower the flame and leave it.
- Put eggs and chicken cubes in zip-lock bag. Seal the bag and shake it to coat all chicken with beaten egg. Add corn-starch in it too. Shake the bag again to coat all of them with corn-starch.
- Heat the non-stick pan. Add coconut oil in it. Fry coated chicken in it at on medium flame until the coating becomes crispy. Turn the sides after few minutes. Add chunks of pineapple and red pepper too. Let them fry until they get brown and golden.
- Pour the sauce in non-stick pan in which chicken and peppers are frying. Lower the flame and let the sauce to absorb into the chicken to make it flavoursome for some minutes.
- Your sweet and sour chicken is ready. Keep forks and chicken beside it in a tray. Top it with round onions and green leaves to make it appear as tangy dish.
So, add this dish in your vegan diet plan Dubai and make it the plan less boring to follow!